Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stardate 020070918: Sport maniacs

Me and Saara are already known as the crazy people who walk everywhere.. Now we have made an advanced step and bought bikes. That would of course mean that we go everywhere by bike now :D One of these days we decided to go biking "a bit". We took a look at the map and eventually ended up making 30 kms or more..and during the worst time of the day! I don't think that I ever drunk so much water..

We crossed the Rio Grande river and were taking some small roads with very nice view of the mountains.

Me and Saara



Rio Grande


No trespassing...this time we followed the rules :D

My bike

Like I told already earlier, people here are quite sport maniacs and the university has several teams of all kinds of sports that compete. Last Sunday we went to a football game...and it was really a huge thing! Loots of people everywhere and everybody wearing their own team's colors and shirts. Before the game people gather to parking lots and drink and eat. I was told that the idea is to get drunk before the game starts. People call this gathering tailgating. It has something to do with the trucks that almost all Americans have. Well, we were making some barbeque, having lots of meat and drinking beer before the game and it was really fun :D

Even the game was quite nice and interesting. I was told that it's very boring to watch but I kind of liked it for some reason :) First I didn't understand anything what was going on, but eventually learned some rules of the game.
Tailgating :P



I was told that the NMSU Aggies suck... But this time they won! People went crazy as you can see from the picture :D The game was against the team from El Paso, the UTEP team. I guess it was an important victory since the other team was from a neighbour city.

Anyway, lots of fun, lots of people and lots of new stuff!! :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maria the football party animal ;oP