Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stardate 020080119: News Finally...

Finally after almost two months I'm able to write some updates here! First of all, my computer broke down in the beginning of December...now I have a new one to use, it took a while but I'm back again :D Before Christmas the whole VDM (Vista del Monte, where we live) went partying. We had two big parties at our place and had lots of fun! Before that we went to some theme parties. Here are some pictures from the parties. The first ones are from "glow party". We were wearing all white and writing to each others' shirts greetings for memories from the semester.








On December 6th me and Saara decided to throw an Independence day party for our friends. We baked some korvapuusti, cooked karjalanpaisti and had some candies and of course Finnish music! It was really fun party, people got drunk like in a good Finnish party you should ;)






The last weekend in December, before everybody left home was just partying. I think people were even more insane than normally... Maybe it was because everybody knew that they were most propably ever going to see each other again. It was like saying good bye parties. The funny part is that in both nights the parties were at mine and Julia's place, and we didn't even plan it! Suddenly there were just lots of people, and they just kept coming :P Before the party we had a banquet for international students. We got diplomas about our exchange and were having dinner.


In my room, most of my best friends, Jaime, Ansgar, Julia, Hide, Luis and Cesar


Finally, most importantly, I'm staying in New Mexico for the spring semester too! That's right, I'm still here :D Everything is a bit different, not the same people around...missing my friends, my roomie, my Julia :/ But I'm really sure that this semester is going to be great too! There are new people to meet, new challenges to face and new trips to make :) For the spring I won;t be studying because I got an internship from the Astronomy Department.

For the holidays I did damn lots of traveling, but that's another chapter, another story... Will be posting that soon ;)

I miss you guys!




No comments: