Thursday, March 6, 2008

Stardate 020080306: Hiking and Snowboarding in NM!

After the party party party end of December it seems that my life has settled down again. I haven't been doing much anything else but working every day until late. Actually it's really nice because my job at the Astronomy department is in fact really interesting :) And plus I'm feeling more geek every day...so I guess I'm fitting in to this department quite well. Although I wouldn't have guessed that I would be programming ever in my work, but well...you learn something new every day!

Besides working I've gone hiking two times and even snowboarding once during these two months! We went hiking to the Organ mountains, just next to Las Cruces. In fact you can see the mountains every day just walking anywhere here :P The view is nevertheless really beautiful, and like I probably have said before, the weather here is always nice, always sun shine and no clouds. So you can imagine how beautiful the view is from up there! Or wait, you don't actually have to imagine because I have some pictures from there :D
Oh my god, my jokes are getting worse every day...



View from the mountains..


God damn bugs spoiling the fun..


More view from the hike


Well well, as hard as it seems to believe, I did go snowboarding here in New Mexico! How is it possible? Well, in America everything is possible :D hehehe! Just kidding.. Anyway, the state is actually quite big and when you drive up north it actually gets cold! Yes, there can be even snow up there :D We went to this place called Santa Fe, which is by the way also the capital of the state of New Mexico. There's a really nice skiing resort there, really really high...feels like you are above the clouds or something. I don't know if you can notice it from the pictures but it's damn high :P

Thinking that it would be summer all year round here, I hadn't brought my winter clothes, my snowboarding jacket or anything with me here initially :P So (what a pity) I had to go shopping :P heheh :) I bought some really nice snowboarding clothes and payed maybe third of the prize I would pay in Finland... Yes, it's ridiculous how cheap it is around here... Not to mention the hair cutting in Mexico... can you believe that I paid only 7 euros for it... :P

Anyway, here's pictures from Santa Fe, the "pro-snowboarder" :D




Oh! And yes, it was freaking cold!! I was freezing to death there :P I guess I've used to warmer climate here already or something...or it's just my normal freezing always..

No comments: